That is NOT a sexy booth, at least not automatically. How can I compete with flirty Jewelry, silky Chocolate Fondu, cute clothing and women getting their hair done?…..THOSE are pretty fun, interactive and fabulous! Paparazi, V3 Hair Studio, Velata…oh my!
Now step in the: Insurance Agent, Realtor, Financial Planner, or myself… Speaker and Master Certified Business and Life Coach. We are amazing too! But- without all the bling…
At the Empowering Women’s Conference last year, I was in a corner booth by draw, then I walked past the fun and fabulous Premier Designs Jewelry Booth, with sweet as apple pie: Natalie Boerner. Who doesn’t love Natalie? AND her amazing jewels.
And then- the booth right next to me. This was amazingly designed to pristine polished perfection with Pink and Gold and Pearls on steroids, and Denise Nygard with Mary Kay…one of the coolest people. Ever.
I had a little booth intimidation going on at this point.
I was the last speaker of the two day event, which meant I could not WOW anyone to come and connect with me that way. TOO easy. I would have to simply step out in front of my booth, and authentically talk and listen to women. So I did.
And we connected.
What a neat group of women! Women who make it happen. Women with dreams, goals, and fiery ambition. Women growing, learning, challenging the ceiling. Women raising the bar- their own, and helping others go to their next paradigm too.
And the Conference. WOW… now there is a chance to collaborate.
Sit next to incredible women that maybe you don’t know. Mingle on breaks and networking spots during the speakers. Laugh, learn and make the kind of business and personal connections we come to make. It was fabulous. It wasn’t thousands of connections that were mostly superficial, then forgotten next week. I made dozens of real connections that can last- forever.
- Have dynamic materials to give out. Not just your cards. Give interesting information on your services, classes, and products. Actual Samples are great.
- Do something Interactive! For some this is easy as their products are interactive. But again, be creative. We can all do something that engages people, and gets them moving. Be memorable. Be amazing.
- Give something valuable away. Not a paperclip. Skip those. But either a COOL unique gift, OR valuable information that you can provide. If all you have is pens, consider skipping that and just do one giveaway via a drawing that is a nicer gift.
- Have sign ups for whatever you do. Make them look professional and engaging. What do YOU sign up for? Engage your contacts and let them see your passion. People don’t buy products and services in the end- they buy YOU. Are you someone they want to buy into? Spend time with? Trust? See again?
- Come out from behind the booth. Don’t hide. Be seen. Be real.
- Be intentional. You will have a great event, no matter what, if you set yourself up for optimum success, and take every step and measure to ensure you do. What or who can get in the way of that woman? Who would dare to try? 😉
Which Booth would you like to visit of these two?
CILC | CMC | CEBC
CEO Women Ignite Idaho Conference and Trade Show